A plea from The Gardeners
As things get brighter, drier (honestly) and warmer we are beginning to focus club activities and as many lessons as possible in the garden.
Our aims this year are to
- achieve a Gold award in the East Midlands in Bloom school category
- eat more of what we grow
- have a successful stall at the Summer Fair
- support and teach at our “twinned” gardening club at Derwent Primary in Derby city
and.. as you get out in to your own gardens, greenhouses and garden centres please might we ask for…
- any old gardening canes
- recycled lollipop sticks
- old seed trays and plant pots, especially larger (damaged or old planters)
- a bath!
- a toilet!
- Any other odd items you might like to suggest to Mr Naylor for planters
Thank you so much – as we sit and chit potatoes, plant on chitted beans, peas and pumpkins, and also discover how many acorns germinated this winter past.