Turnditch is a small village in the beautiful Amber Valley in Derbyshire. The Primary school is the hub of the community. Find out more about our school by using the menu above.
The school was opened as a National School in 1846. It has been extended several times. Most recently the following alterations/extensions have improved our school building and grounds:
- In 2001 a new Year 3 and 4 classroom was built.
- In 2002 we saw the school field being used for the first time.
- In 2003 we built an adventure playground.
- In 2005 a new Reception classroom was added.
- In 2006 the school purchased a plot of land behind the school and has turned it into a school garden.
- In 2008 a new staff room and head’s office were built – this in turn freed up space for a new computer suite, music room and library.
- In 2009 the whole of the interior of school was redecorated. Also in 2009, two new play areas with soft play surfaces were formed.
As a Church of England Aided Day School for boys and girls up to the age of eleven years, the Diocese of Derby appoints seven of the twelve members of the Governing body.
There are currently 85 children on roll. The Governors intend to admit 12 children in the year commencing September 2016.
The Trust Deed for our school specifies that it shall be a place of learning for children and adults residing in the chapelry of Turnditch and the neighbourhood.